Guest Posts

The Social Media Marathon, by Dan Alatorre

social media marathon
Comments (15)
  1. Nelu Kay says:

I used to run once. Then I stopped. These days I can't run to save my life. And just as I suck at running, I suck at keeping up with my social media accounts. I guess I should take it slowly as you suggest. I might just make it lol. Great article! Thanks for sharing 🙂

2. It’s interesting the way you compare running with blogging or social media, the things we do are important but mostly having a plan with consistency will make results in the long run.

3. Dunja says:

Interesting comparison. But it’s like that, really : start small and then start adding more and more. That way you can master almost everything, not just social media 🙂 (and running)

4. Vanessa says:

I couldn’t agree more – it all seemed so intimidating until I just started setting small goals and checking them off. You make it sound so energizing 🙂

5. Running is good for us, but nowadays people only run because they want to show off themselves on social media.

6. I toally agree. I am so overwhelmed with social media and trying to use all at once is a nightmare. I am now starting with FB,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and will gradually moveon once I am comfortable 🙂

7. Absolutely true! I would say if Hotter than Hell in Wichita was a marathon instead of a bike race, that would be blogging + social media put together and intertwined and muddled up!

8. Ana De Jesus says:

Social media can become really overwhelming and its such a true comparison comparing it to running!

9. I really like your comparison, it's so accurate. It is a feat to get ahead of all channels and social accounts.

10. So media is so overwhelming. I am so getting your perfectly apt comparison. I guess I ran miles today and still gained a little weight. Hehehe.

11. It actually made me feel a bit sad because I used to run a lot and I stopped from some reason..I should probably start again 🙂 Anyway it’s a great analogy, I totally agree. You have to start with a short distance and add some more every time. Thanks for the post!

12. KT Nielsen says:

I think there is a term for “run-walk-run-walk ” strategy in a race. I forgot what it’s called really. I’ll try to research it. I’ve also tried running but I could never finish a 5km race without stopping. I’d have walking sprees in between the runs. Haha! It’s probably because I don’t train as hard as I should.

13. Katherine says:

This is interesting. Initially I thought it’d be about how to free yourself from social media because that’s what I want to do. Haha. I spend so much time in Facebook it’s just not productive anymore. I’ve tried deactivating but ran into some problems because my contacts are in Messenger. I’d like to read a useful technique on how to use social media minimally.

14. I don’t really run because I don’t have the time to exercise and I’m really physically unfit. Anyway, I like how you compared social media to running. One should really go slowly at first so one won’t be overwhelmed. Then upon continued use, one will be able to determine what he/she can focus at to excel. Thanks for sharing.

15. Carola says:

I love your comparison between running and social media. And it’s true. You can’t start with a marathon of of nothing. You have to learn and start slowly. Make sure you don’t get injured. Learn every time you run and get better. And never give up!

Leave a comment!