Interviews

Interview with James Devo – ‘The Wonder’

james devo the wonder
Comments (12)
  1. Carola says:

The video (trailer) is great. The books sounds exciting. Very good interview. It’s inspiring to hear how he became a writer. And was always passionate about writing. How cool is it that h said he’d read your draft! That’s so cool. I can imagine the reluctance to let anyone read it. It feels a bit strange. With my blog I don’t mind letting people read the posts, but I hate reading them myself. Great interview!

1. Nya says:

Thanks Carola 🙂 And yes, it was so cool of him; he even emailed me and said again that he’d be happy to read my draft. That means a lot to me! (I am sure, well, one day, my draft will be ready haha). For me, it’s inspiring to get to know all these different writing journeys of all these different authors.

2. Veeyah says:

I’m not really into Fantasy, but the “Grimdark” sub-genre looks like it could win me over! Even the plot for The Wonder sounds like it could be a thrilling read. Much like the author, I’m over “the chosen one” type stories. It’s time for something new. I write stories as well, but I always find it embarrassing (though I really shouldn’t feel that way) to let other people read it. I’m okay with getting comments and being critiqued on it (of course), but the first step is always the hardest for me! Great job on the interview.

3. Rowena C says:

This is a great interview. I love how he answer each questions specially the tortoise and the cats hahhaha! This intrigues me on how he writes and the imagination that he has in order to write the book. Will read this soon

4. I always wanted to be a writer of a book, but i still need more knowledge and confidence to write right, Thanks to your post , you slowly inspire me to write, soon i will be having my own publish book!

5. Maria says:

I think the book is such a good read. I am not much of a fiction fan but this surely is promising.

6. Honestly, I’ve never heard of The Wonder novel let alone James Devo, but after reading this interview about him, it certainly piqued my interest on his book. I agree with what he said that “finding the balance between “speculative” and “fiction” is hard work . ” So, we’ll see one I read his book if he was able to achieve that balance and make me believe that his characters are real. In application to our blogger life, what are bloggers when we don’t have readers? Thanks for sharing 🙂

7. Prerna Sinha says:

I like the way the authr has answered the questions. I think I would love to read the book now.

8. To be honest , I have never heard about this author, but must say your post is very neat and very informative. I think , I will look out for the book , you left me curious about now. 🙂

9. This is such an awesome interview! It provides insights of what the author is thinking when writing his book and I specially like his witty answers whenever he mentions his tortoise, lol!

10. James Devo says:

Really thrilled you’ve enjoyed the interview and hope it gets you to read the book. (Otherwise I’ll send the tortoises after you… they’ll be there in about 2027…)
    Thanks for the great questions, Nya. My answers could only ever be as good as the questions asked…
    And as for all you would-be writers out there. If you’re writing, there’s no “would-be” about it. Everything is a first draft until it’s not, and there’s a reader out there for every story. Keep going ,re-read your old work and see where your strengths are, and never ever give up. Giving up is for losers. er… no, literally, it really is…

11. Dunja says:

I really enjoyed reading this interview. He is such an interesting person. I also like his sense of humor and I’ll definitely check out writers he recommended. I haven’t read his books, but i’ll change that ASAP ?

Leave a comment!