TBR Thursday #201 min read

It’s Thursday, and I am on holidays! That’s true, I’m in France but this doesn’t mean I don’t have new books to add to my TBR – I always do.

What is new on my TBR:

I will be starting with the gifts – because I am such a lucky person like that. So, for those who don’t know I have just been starting collecting comic books series, and one of those is ‘Superman Wonder Woman’ and of course, someone decided to help me with the missing issues, so thank you so much for that!

superman wonder woman

I also got this anthology, and it’s in French, which it’s awesome, because I have been trying to improve my French and I think this will be a huge help.

wonder woman anthologie

While walking around, I have also found a book store, and look what I’ve got!  Of course, in French again, because I do have hopes that reading these graphic novels will help me improve the language. So I will be soon fluent in three languages: Portuguese, English, and French (that’s what I am hoping for).

sagasaga

And that’s it for today. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying the sun here, something that has definitely been missing in the UK.

Curious to know what’s new on everyone’s TBR.

45 Comments

1. Lisa Orchard on April 28, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Three languages? Wow! I’m impressed! You go girl!

• Nya on April 29, 2016 at 7:31 am

Haha thanks, well, not ‘officially’ yet since I am struggling with French.

2. PinkNoam on April 29, 2016 at 9:16 am

Is the weather in the UK now reverted back to rainy and cold? I’m heading back home to Manchester for a week soon, I expect it to be raining haha

• Nya on April 29, 2016 at 9:19 am

My friends who have stayed in Manchester keep saying I am so lucky to be on holidays because it’s been snowing and raining as hell! Haha. Good luck 🙂

3. bmobshelldrawer on April 29, 2016 at 9:55 am

Isn’t cool having someone to fill in the “missing issues” that is so nice 🙂 . I have seen more bloggers having “Saga” book. recently I was looking for graphic books, maybe because the world is becoming more visual nowadays! but if I am going to purchase one I will make sure to take a look on these suggestions!

• Nya on April 29, 2016 at 10:05 am

It’s amazing to have someone to ‘fill in the missing issues’, this would make a very romantic quote, I will now quote this to him haha. Thanks for visiting, and if you decide to start any graphic novel, I’d be happy to hear your thoughts!

4. Bee Smetana on April 29, 2016 at 11:52 am

I just started reading comic books. My brother says I’m at the beginners level 🙂
    I have to look for Superman Wonder Woman.

• Nya on April 29, 2016 at 11:57 am

Don’t worry, I am at the beginners level too hehe, good luck to us both, I hope you enjoy them 🙂

5. Roy Miller on April 29, 2016 at 11:55 am

I agree with Lisa. Speaking three languages is awesome. I still struggle with one, and I have been speaking it all my life! About collecting comic books. When I was a kid, back in the 1960’s, I had boxes of Batman, Superman, Fantastic Four, etc. comic books. After I graduated high school and moved out from home, my parents threw all of those boxes in the trash. Those comics would be worth a fortune today. Don’t let that happen to your collection!

• Nya on April 29, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Thank you:) And wow! That’s terrible! I won’t, I promise!

6. Jed Jurchenko on April 29, 2016 at 1:04 pm

What a fun reading list! Wishing you a fantastic holiday.

• Nya on April 29, 2016 at 6:47 pm

7. tp keane on April 29, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I love that you’re using comic books to improve your language, I love even more that you’re making the effort. Fantastic comics by the way.

• Nya on April 29, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Thanks! 🙂 Yes, such a fun journey!

8. Amy on April 29, 2016 at 3:40 pm

When I studied German I would use children’s and young adult books to help improve my vocab!

• Nya on April 29, 2016 at 6:46 pm

I think that reading is the easiest and quickest way. I believe that’s how I started improving my English too.

• Amy on April 29, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Immersion is great, like watching TV and films in whatever language you are studying is very helpful as well as just having it play in the background!

9. KatR on April 29, 2016 at 3:44 pm

You can read three languages? How impressive! I struggle with just the one sometimes! lol I have never been a comic book or gaphic novel collector. I just never really got in to those. However, my husband has quite a large collection. He likes all of the super heroes. 🙂

• Nya on April 29, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Last year I’ve read a lot of books (but no graphic novels or comics either). However, after I’ve met the guy who is my boyfriend now, we kind of started expanding each other’s horizons so I am now enjoying a lot to discover his collection too 🙂 While he’s actually reading more books as well.

10. Kage on April 29, 2016 at 8:56 pm

My sister told me Saga was a great comic just been to lazy to read it along with my other list of comic books i’m trying to keep up with. But anyway I’m glad people are still buying books, especially comics, in this day and age, keep up the good work ^_^

• Nya on May 5, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Thanks haha I hope one day you get to read it, and then we can exchange our thoughts:)

• Kage on May 7, 2016 at 8:34 am

That would be nice. Anyway, keep on reading and hopefully, one of my future books will be in one of your posts. ^_^

11. carrie@thelavenderhytta on April 30, 2016 at 5:02 am

On my TBR currently: Warrior (a new book coming out in August), The Mortal Instruments Series…. Oh what am I talking about I have like 600 books on my TBR list on goodreads! I better get started!! haha!

• Nya on May 5, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Haha yes, I feel your pain 🙂 Every book blogger’s problems!

12. Debbie-jean Lemonte on April 30, 2016 at 8:22 am

That Wonder Woman Book looks like a great read! I’m beyond excited with anything Marvel! LOL!

13. Sara on April 30, 2016 at 8:26 am

Excited about the Superman Wonder Woman collection! French is my first language and I can tell you that it’s a rather difficult language to learn because there are so many grammar rules, but reading does help a lot.

• Nya on May 5, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Me too. It is true about the French! But I feel it is a bit similar to Portuguese, so it helps a bit:)

14. lizellecruz on April 30, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Wow I always wanted to learn French as a language haha! Anyways, I really love Superman and Wonderwoman…I must buy the Anthology that you have it seems really interesting

• Nya on May 5, 2016 at 9:16 pm

It was another gift of my awesome boyfriend, he knows exactly what to to buy haha. Good luck learning French if you end up doing it :p

15. Joanna on April 30, 2016 at 9:13 pm

The weather in the Uk has been really crazy in the past week. It didn’t snow in 3 years in the South and this week it did three times. You remind me of how I learned Italian: by buying a book and then translating the words using the dictionary until the sentences made sense, haha.

• Nya on May 5, 2016 at 9:45 pm

That’s pretty amazing! Well I did learn French in school but my French is really, really rusty. I am not sure this would work with a language I knew absolutely nothing about haha.

16. Dreammerin on May 1, 2016 at 7:35 am

Speaking languages is so important!! Reading books always helps a lot with grammar rules in German.

• Nya on May 5, 2016 at 9:46 pm

This is very true. Even if I can’t imagine myself learning German. Can’t understand a single word :p

17. RashmiChalukya on May 1, 2016 at 9:15 am

I love reading books fictions and novels but the comic series have never interested me. To know 3 different national languages is awesome it really helps when you travel to different countries.

• Nya on May 5, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Well, I am trying my best:) I like to read everything, but I have always read more books. Only really starting getting into comics now.

18. Anamika Ojha on May 2, 2016 at 5:11 am

I was never into comic thing and it never fascinated me. Hats off to you that you know three different language! I wish I could learn Spanish as its the second language in Florida!

• Nya on May 7, 2016 at 11:33 am

Thanks, well, it is not easy to learn a new language, this is why I struggle a bit. I hope you get to learn Spanish eventually, good luck:)

19. Shauna on May 2, 2016 at 5:39 pm

I love Saga! I got the first five volumes from the library. Once I got through them all I started buying the monthly comics (and have slowly started acquiring the first few graphic novels for myself, too). I’ve never read any Wonder Woman though. Years ago I was reading Supergirl, and I usually enjoy Batman stories. You’ll have to let us all know how it is! 🙂

• Nya on May 7, 2016 at 11:35 am

People say amazing things about Saga, so I thought it would be a good idea to get it in French (haha, go me!) ; I do love collecting comics though (even better than buying the volumes). I will keep you updated!

20. Kerry O'Byrne on May 2, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Who would have thought, improving your language with comic books! I’m a comic fanatic so this is right up my street. Hope you have a fab holiday 🙂

• Nya on May 7, 2016 at 11:36 am

Thanks so much, the holiday was great (but always feels so short!), and yeah, who would have thought, always improvising 🙂

21. Sidney Aldaine on May 2, 2016 at 7:02 pm

If you want to master any language, go with books full of pictures. This goes especially for French. I gave up after some time though, hope you`ll have more luck than me. Luck and self-discipline, of course 🙂

• Nya on May 7, 2016 at 11:31 am

I think it helps that I know a little bit of French already, but definitely pictures help 🙂 Thanks!

22. Psychic Nest on May 2, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Hi Nya,

Wonderwoman sounds like a great read to me! Also being fluent in 3 languages is amazing! The good thing is that those 3 have as a basis latin and greek. So many of the words have similarities and you can learn faster. I have never been in France but I would love to! Enjoy your vacation!

Zaria

• Nya on May 14, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Thank you so much Zaria:) I completely agree that it’s easier for the similarities. You should absolutely visit France some day, it’s lovely!