Book Haul June 20162 min read

Welcome to my first monthly book haul. The name speaks for itself, this new monthly feature is the replacement of my former TBR Thursdays, and its purpose is to show off my new shiny acquisitions.

We will start with my first lucky purchase of the month, and it was lucky indeed.  Lucky Dip Books  is a fantastic Mystery Book service, a “blind date with a book”. The service was very personalized, I gave them the link to my goodreads account, and have received these thoughtfully handpicked books. One of them was an extra gift due to the fact I was their first customer. Happy days! I’d also like to mention how it included such a beautiful package and sweet note.

lucky dip blind date with book

The following book has been offered to me to review – so I will. Despite not being the usual genre I read, the synopsis intrigued me so I was happy to give it a try. I believe this is the first hard copy that has been offered to me. I genuinely appreciate it, and I can only promise I will try my best to finish reading and reviewing it in a timely manner.

flat earth theory

Flat Earth Theory by Yael Egal

Even though I have a never-ending pile of books to read and barely space on my tiny shelves, somehow I have decided it was a smart idea to purchase yet another hard copy. This happened while I was reading Troy’s blog, and he said good things about this book of selected nonfiction by Neil Gaiman. It’s Neil Gaiman, come on, but I resisted the temptation…for 24 hours. Then I woke up, and I had a clever email from the gods of Amazon UK: “We think you might like The View from the Cheap Seats by Neil Gaiman.” (Oh Amazon you know me so well!) – so this could only be a sign from above, surely. So, of course, I bought the book, and of course, it had to be the hardcover (the price was inviting, don’t judge me).

neil gaiman the view from the cheap seats

Now, for ebooks, this is what is new on my Kindle shelves:

Advanced Reader Copy and Review Copy:

I am a bit impressed of how much Neil Gaiman I have been consuming lately, am I that obsessed? In any case, I thought I did behave reasonably well this month, didn’t I?

How was your June book haul? Let me know what you have added to your shelves this month.

1. Jess @ POB! on June 30, 2016 at 7:19 am

Ooh, yay for new features! I love hauls so I look forward to more of these, for sure. I haven’t read any of these books but I just read the synopsis of We’re All Damaged and I think I’ll enjoy that one so maybe I’ll buy it on eBook as well. It’s so cheap, too! The blind book service sounds really cool. I’ve seen a couple around and always wanted to try it out but I’m scared I’ll get a book I don’t like. However, I like how it is personalized to your Goodreads!

Jess @ POB!
    Jess @ POB! recently posted…Focus on Followers + Around the BlogosphereMy Profile

• Nya on June 30, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Thank you, glad you liked it 🙂 This is the first time I have tried a blind book service and I am really happy, I hope you find one you like too, it’s super exciting to open a new mystery book.

2. Fenrile on July 1, 2016 at 7:54 am

I love the way you make you feel better about your new hardcover Gaiman, Haha. I can’t wait to start Stardust together, our next readalong <3
    If you are obssessed by Gaiman ? I think a bit yeah 😡 Haha, but I'm gonna steal your Sandman and read them too ! You are so passionate, it's amazing. You are amazing <3
    Fenrile recently posted…Review – Is Watchmen still a masterpiece nowadays?My Profile

3. ROBERT LEE on July 1, 2016 at 11:52 am

You have a mix of ebooks and printed books… ahhh, the smell of real books. I do miss them. I have a few at home, but not like when I was younger when I had hundreds of books here and there and everywhere in the house. My family loves reading books. My brother, and two sisters… actually, our youngest is not that keen. So my brother and I would have thrillers, mysteries, my sister would have teen romance books.

Nowadays, it is Kindle for me. I don’t have the Kindle device, instead, I use the iPad. What was the last book I purchased… hmmm… oh yeah, Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich. 🙂
    ROBERT LEE recently posted…Thank You FriendsMy Profile

4. Berlin on July 1, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Youve got there some real interesting titles. Would love to check the bookstore for some copies. I used to read a lot as well but when my kobo died, my love for reading died as well. Perhaps i do not have enough time or i just do not want to make time. I miss reading, really and i guess its about time to rekindle the interest. Got a number of hardbound books yet to open. thanks for the inspiration.

5. Maria on July 1, 2016 at 6:34 pm

What I love hard copies is the smell of new books!! AAAAAAH! I envy you because it seems you can finish a novel in just a few hours or days. I’m currently stuck at A Clash of Kings by GRRM. Haha
    Maria recently posted…Calligraphy 116My Profile

6. Dawn on July 1, 2016 at 7:00 pm

OMGGG! Books make me happy just by seeing them. Seeing your book haul, the We’re all damaged book interest me. I think I’m gonna go and find this book as soon as possible. These are all amazing books! I think I’ll get in touch with your blog to know what good books to read. I’m struggling to find new ones/ thanks for sharing this

7. Carola on July 1, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Interesting titles! I love it to get new books. I like both hard copy and e-book. It both has its advantages. I have a monthly subscription where I get 10 new ebooks every months. I love that. I get to know new books (it’s always hard to pick/ find a book you like) and it makes me read more. This month included some books of dutch writers. But also Asa Larsson, Jill Mansell, Lynn Austin and more!

8. Nimisha Popat on July 2, 2016 at 6:19 pm

I am a big book worm. I love the haul. I haven't heard of this book by Niel Gaiman. I am gonna read it ASAP.

9. Zwitsy on July 3, 2016 at 12:32 am

I really admire people like you how are satisfied with books. I am also a bookworm but not that really compared to those who really love books that much. Since I have hectic schedule, I can only say that my love for book is so minimal to just at least appreciate its presence.
    Zwitsy recently posted…How Traveling Can Heal a Broken Heart?My Profile

10. Pia Dysangco Villamor on July 4, 2016 at 9:57 am

I'm so happy to come across your blog! I'm a reader myself so it's always nice to come across a fellow bookworm:) will bookmark your blog!! 🙂 I've never heard of lucky dip books- pretty interesting concept. Will definitely try it out. I love Neil Gaiman too! Was pretty obsessed with Sandman and Stardust is a personal favorite. I haven't read The Ocean at the End of the Lane though. I think I'll look for that next:)

11. Jaear Paguio on July 4, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Those are nice books you got there. I used to read a lot of horror novels myself but haven't really gotten the time to spare lately. Wish i can haul some books for myself again. I left all my novels in our old house.

12. Johna on July 5, 2016 at 4:18 am

So many boooooks!! The last book I was reading was Eat Pray Love a few months ago and I didn’t even finish it. Haha. Maybe I should try one of these books you mentioned!

13. Louisa on July 5, 2016 at 8:47 am

Interested in We’re All Damaged. Book hauls are awesome because you get a variety of books to read so you can discover new interests. Real books are still the best to read. If they didn’t take up so much space I would always go for paperbacks and hardcovers then an e-reader.
    Louisa recently posted…The 9th Robinsons Supermarket’s Fit and Fun Wellness Buddy RunMy Profile

14. Ashley Maker on July 6, 2016 at 2:30 am

It’s so cool seeing Under the Trees included in this awesome book haul post! 🙂

15. Princess Mikee on July 6, 2016 at 9:14 am

Wow! I am not into reading novels/comics not even on ebooks although seeing people like you and your books makes me want to read one. For now, just will just wait for your stories and review of your books.
    Princess Mikee recently posted…Blushing Beauty by SkinStation Opens at MOA, Pasay CityMy Profile

16. Sam Coronado (@followyouroad) on July 8, 2016 at 11:54 am

So lucky of you to get books for the month! I am a huge Neil Gaiman fan too, but I haven’t read most of his works. Hope to find a book sale soon to hunt for em.