So, in order to be as efficient as possible, I am putting these last two awards together (I have other three to post, so bear with me). Thank you so much for nominating me, Annalise and Book Lover Circumspect4 ! Needless to say, if you haven’t checked these blogs yet, you should, because they are awesome!
The Starlight Blogger Award
1. Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
3. Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think at the light emanating from the stars the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
4. Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
5. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions answer that first then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator and never change the Award rules.
6. Please don’t delete this note:
The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
The Original Questions
1. If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
Leonardo da Vinci. The man was one of the greatest creative minds of his own time, and talented in so many different fields it’s amazing. He expressed science through art, you can’t get much cooler than that.Not to mention, if he did paint secret symbols and messages, wouldn’t it be lovely to take this “opportunity” to unveil those?
2. What is your favourite book and why?
In order to avoid being repetitive, I am going to link back here.
3. Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why?
Any medium? That’s a difficult one, so I will pick one for each.
TV: Lagertha Lothbrok; Gaming: Sephiroth (FFVII); Literature: Morgana (Morgan Le Fay)
Morgan le Faye, Morgen, Morgaine, Morgain, Morgana, Morganna, Morgant, Morgane, Morgne, Morge, Morgue – No matter what her name is, or what her role is in the many versions of the Arthurian legend, I like them all. This is because, magic aside (she was just a healer in the first texts), she still represents the woman’s power, back when women had very little to no power of decision, much less enough power that would change a kingdom’s fate.
Morgan le Fay has been featured in many works of popular culture, spanning fantasy and historical fiction across various mediums including literature, comics, film, television, and video games. As Elizabeth S. Sklar of Wayne State University noted in 1992: “Currently a cornerstone of the new Arthurian mythos, [she] occupies a secure position in the contemporary Arthurian pantheon, as familiar a figure to modern enthusiasts as Merlin, Lancelot, or King Arthur himself.”
1- Which book did you just not gel with?
There are many books I didn’t particularly like, and a few DNF (I am not keeping track of these, though, neither am I rating them). The last book I DNF was Picture Perfect by Kate Forster – somehow I thought it’d be a pleasant light read, but I just didn’t get into it. Others might enjoy, though.
2- If you could choose one book to reread every month, which would it be?
I wouldn’t want to reread the same book every month, regardless of how much I’d love it. I enjoy new books, new concepts, new stories, I am an open book myself!
3- What’s your favourite food to accompany a book?
I usually don’t eat while I am reading (could ruin my kindle, or my pages!), but as equally dangerous as it might be, I do drink sometimes. And my favorite drink to go with my book has to be coffee. I am kind of a coffee addict anyway!
- What’s one book that made you cry?
- What’s one book cover you’ve fallen in love with?
- What’s one book that made you laugh?
The Creative Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share 5 facts about yourself.
- Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
Five Facts About Myself:
- I have moved away from my home country (Portugal) three years ago, for a chance of having a career I love.
- I currently live in the UK – no cats.
- I am a bit of a geek, but very few know it.
- I have a BA Design degree and am a graphic & UI/UX designer full-time – Yes, I do what I love, but I am still at the beginning of my career.
- I love writing, but I haven’t done it for a while. I am back to it now! There’s always this insecurity related to the fact I am not a native speaker, but hey! I will just have to work harder!
In no specific order, I will nominate the following for both awards (of course, if you already have done one of the awards, you can do the other one; or if you have done both, please disregard this):